Find your SAU district here: https://my.doe.nh.gov/profiles/sau.aspx
The goal of this initiative is to create teams of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles who are committed to becoming involved in their school boards by attending meetings on a regular basis either in person, online, or by reading the meeting minutes.
Click here to sign up to be a team member in your SAU school district.
We need team leaders, in every SAU, in New Hampshire.
The team leader will be responsible for the following:
- Keep an active email list of all team members.
- Email mail team members to let them know when & where the next school board meeting will be held.
- Keep the team informed of important issues that are discussed during the school board meetings.
- Email your team when new legislation comes out that could have a positive or negative impact on your schools and your children.
- As a team, you can attend the public hearing at the State Capitol, on the proposed legislation.
- Email your state reps and senators on how you would like them to vote on the proposed legislation.
AnnMarie Banfield will head up this initiative. She has been speaking at, and involved with parents like you, at school board meetings, for the past 20 years. She has also been involved in supporting, or opposing, legislation that involves our children, parents, and school policy. She will communicate with Team Leaders and make them aware of bills that require their attention, as well as be there for support and other initiatives that require a larger amount of people.
Would you consider becoming a team leader in your SAU school district?
If so, please email Ann Marie: email@example.com
(Please note, in your email, your SAU#, name, phone#, email address, and your town)
We ask all team leaders to adhere to the approach Ann Marie Banfield has developed over the past 20 years. She finds this approach most effective when presenting to school boards, working with parents and with school administrators. No worries if you are new to this, Ann Marie will work with you to develop these skills.
“Our team leaders have a foundation of faith in God so that we approach these important issues with truth, and facts, but more importantly with grace and dignity. We want our focus to be on improving our public schools primarily in the areas of academic excellence, safety for all children, and mutual respect between parents and school officials. Team leaders will help other parents and residents to make sure the administrators, teachers and board members stay focused on what makes a public school successful. We are non-partisan, and welcome those who are committed to this important mission.” Ann Marie Bandfield.